Most people do not know what is Art Gothic. Well, I am going to explain what it means to. Gothic Art is art created in 12th to 16th Century AD. It was created first in Europe. That art was created in some elements, such as nature, elegant, traditional and so on. Abbot Suger was a father of Gothic art/architecture.
It has Key Features: -source from http://www.architecturecourses.org/early-english-gothic-period-
- Introduction of the flying buttress, pointed arch and ribbed vaulting
- Pointed arch openings and support, also knows as a lancet arches
- Lancet windows that were larger and wider
- Moldings carved with great depth
- Tooth ornamentation
- Large rose windows
- Emphasis on increased height
- Clusters of slender columns surrounding a central pillar (or pier)
Gothic art is including sculpture, panel painting, stained glass, fresco and illuminated manuscript. The first gothic art was monumental sculpture on the Cathedrals and Abbeys. There were 10 top building of Gothic Art in some abbey church and cathedrals: -source http://www.architecturecourses.org/top-ten-gothic-buildings-
- Cathedral Basilica of St.Denis, France
- Palace of Westminster, United Kingdom
- Palais des Papes, France
- Milan Cathedral, Italy
- The Lala Mustafa Pasha Mosque, Cyprus
- Strawberry Hill Castle (Villa), England
- Palacio de Comunicaciones, Spain
- Notre Dame Cathedral, France
- Burgos Cathedral, Spain
- Cologne Cathedral, Germany
In additional, there were some gothic arts in paintings, stained glass, frescos and manuscripts, for example:
There are lots of Gothic Arts, if you want to know more. You can look at links which I give you below.
NB: If you do not understand what it means to the flying buttress. You could look at http://www.architecturecourses.org/flying-buttress.